OUR PURE AND SIMPLE INTENTION IS TO HOUSE AND EMPOWER EX-OFFENDERS.
RMVF is a community-based company working alongside Local Authorities in order to find suitable accommodation for ex-offenders facing homelessness upon release. Our service offers on-going support on a one to one basis encouraging residents into employment or education.
The difficulty of finding satisfactory housing is a major cause of re-offending and we aim to help people overcome such difficulties and move forward to independence.
This is why our approach is holistic and aimed at meeting individual needs with a variety of services.
RMVF is focused on providing a high-quality service and customer satisfaction – we will do everything we can to meet your expectations.
We provide tailored homelessness services for people with diverse support needs and offer a range of support that includes helping people to succeed in education or employment, improve mental well-being or breaking the vicious cycle they find themselves in once they become homeless.
All of our homelessness services embrace local health and well-being agendas and we are committed to piloting innovative solutions to make meaningful differences to the health and support of every person we work with.
We work in partnership with local agencies to build sustainable communities, helping service users to become active and valued members of the community. We are acutely aware of how challenging breaking cycles of homelessness can be and are dedicated to finding innovative ways to effectively support pathways to independence.
WE DO THIS THROUGH;
- The provision of Supported Housing
- A project specifically for vulnerable people facing multiple complex needs
- Enhanced housing management services
- The provision of affordable shared housing for homeless people and people in housing need.
We currently accommodate people in a variety of properties on long term agreements, and our aim is to provide a supportive and stable environment in order to give people the best chance of addressing the problems that caused their homelessness and an opportunity to move forward into independence.
WE BELIEVE OVERCOMING HOMELESSNESS IS NOT AN ACT OF CHARITY, IT IS A ACT OF HUMANITY
THE AIMS OF RMVF CAN BE SUMMARISED AS:
- Accommodate ex-offenders who need support to maintain independent living.
- Conduct a comprehensive needs and risk assessment prior to accepting any clients into the service.
- Obtain referrals from the Prison Service before client’s release, or from other partner organisations such as the Probation Service and Community Rehabilitation Companies.
- Treat clients holistically, ensuring they are engaged in tailor-made support to help clients deal with life’s challenges whilst looking forward to a positive future.
- Integrate intro the National Health Service approved Social Prescribing Platform, “Elemental” this will place a greater emphasis on the physical and mental health and wellbeing by working with Primary Care Networks and Community Care Providers proactively targeting mental health conditions and addiction dependency to support clients towards a happier, healthier future.
- All clients will receive support and assistance to settle into their new home, support staff will meet clients at the gate on the day of their release.
- The utilisation of “in-house” existing network of service delivery to ensure clients have access to emergency food, employability support, debt advice, welfare rights advocacy as well as volunteering opportunities.